The best Trampolines for children and the whole family are a great way to have fun, exercise and keep fit. All from the safety of your own home.
The best trampolines for children have all been selected for their quality, size, and suitability for the home garden. They come in all shapes and sizes and even colors.
They all have different features and style and it can be overwhelming trying to find the right one for your garden. So we have taken it upon ourselves to write this review to help you make the right choice.
We know money is hard to come by and we hate seeing people waste their hard earned cash.
In this review of The best trampolines for children, we’ll explain what makes a good one and what you should look out for before spending your hard earns cash.
Out of the many trampolines, we reviewed the ones listed below stood out from the crowd, they offered quality at an affordable price. Some of the best Trampolines are made by:
What makes a good Trampoline?
Before buying your new Trampoline you should consider the following:
- The age limit or weight restriction
- Type of Trampoline
To be honest the best trampoline for children are the ones that fit your needs the best and are within spending budget. There’s no point buying a small single person trampoline if you have 2-3 children. They will all want to play on it at the same time, so that’s a waste of money.
Also, the size is important, there’s no point buying one if it won’t fit into the space you have available in your garden.
All trampoline must have good safety features, this isn’t just the safety netting that stops them falling out that’s important. The quality of the padding, springs and even the structure and legs that it stands on are very important.
The fear for me was always about the material they bounce on. I was always afraid that it would rip on a big bounce and my children would fall through and get hurt. Thankfully all the trampolines we reviewed were made from top quality material, as long as you stay within the weight limit stated by the manufacturer you’ll be fine.
Is trampolining good for you?
Trampolining is good for you on many levels, some of the benefits are:
- Increases oxygen capacity.
- Better balance and coordination.
- Increases oxygen circulation to tissues.
- Improves the blood circulation
- Cardiovascular workout helps your heart.
- Increases energy levels and promotes well being
- Helps firm & Tone your body muscles and reduce body fat
Trampolining is a low impact sport and is much easier on your legs, feet, and hips than playing tennis or jogging. It will also help strengthen your bones and research has proven it can also improve your mental health.
What size should you buy?
Whatever style of trampoline you buy, make sure you allow 6 foot around the unit for safety reasons. You need to allow for movement in the surrounding safety net when you bounce off the side. The size and shape will depend on the shape of your garden or area you want to place and use the trampoline in.
Different types of trampolines
Trampolines come in all shape and sizes. We have listed the most common below.
- Round Trampolines: These are the most common and are sold in many stores and supermarkets. They offer great value and are fun for all the family.
- Exercise trampolines: These are smaller and come with a handle to hold whilst you bounce. This makes them suitable for all ages and many can be found in gyms and sports centers. They are great for inside your home where you can train and get fit from the comfort of your home. Inexpensive and easy to set up these make a great first trampoline.
- Rectangle Trampolines: These are great if you have limited space or a corner garden. They can be placed in a smaller area than a round one. You can fit more than one person inside the trampoline so they’re great for all the family.
- Commercial Trampolines: These are normally very large and sometimes build into the ground. They are made from very tough material and can withstand many people jumping on them at once. Very expensive but will last a long time. Not really suitable for the home unless you have the base made specially or built into the ground.
- Water Trampolines: these are normally found in swimming pools or in the sea at holiday resorts. They are easy to inflate and deflate and you simply inflate them and climb on and jump around. They are great fun but not suitable for the home, unless you have a large swimming pool.
How to choose the best trampoline for your garden
The is really a personal choice. Size would depend on your garden. Price will depend on your budget, you can buy a small children’s trampoline for as little as $50 or spend up to $3000 on a commercial, professional trampoline.
The style is purely down to your own choice. Colour, shape, and style will be down to you. We have found every style and color possible and narrowed it down to The best trampolines for children. Most people are buying a trampoline for their children so we thought these would be the best examples to show you.
Top 10 Best trampolines for children
Giantex Trampoline Jump Bounce Combo Round Trampoline with Safety Enclosure, Spring Pad and Ladder (10 FT)
- Three U-shaped Legs - The legs are arranged and assembled evenly under the trampoline base. They offer enough stability and support for the whole trampoline.
- Safety Enclosure Net and Foam Sleeves - Safety enclosure netting are perfectly attached to the steel tubes which connects the enclosure net with the spring cover. This also eliminates gaps between the mat and net to ensure your safety while jumping on the mat.
- All Accessories Included - Our trampoline includes steel frame, jumping mat, safety enclosure combo and ladder. It is also easy to assemble. All parts including hardware are listed and numbered in the instruction. The specific assembly steps are shown in picture form which is easy for you to understand.
- Large Weight Capacity - Weight limit is 300 lbs. Heavy duty PP jumping mat is stitched perfectly well. All springs and top rails are designed for fixing the whole trampoline. It offers you a sense of secure feeling while you jump on the mat.
- Solid Construction - The frame consists of galvanized rust resistant steel. They are durable and rust resistant and also provides longer service life for the trampoline. T-sections can securely and stably connect each top rail and also provide a solid base for the whole trampoline. There are 60 springs which are designed for fixing the whole base part.
Sportspower 84" My First Trampoline
- Heavy-duty mini trampoline with foam outer edge, ideal for children aged 3+ years
- Encourages a healthy lifestyle by providing a fun way for your young one to work muscles, boost heart rate, and improve flexibility
- Encourage safe jumping with a low to the ground design and soft foam padded edges
- Versatile and durable design meant for outdoor use
- Measures: 84" W x 73.5" H with net
Skywalker Trampolines 15-Feet Jump N' Dunk Trampoline with Safety Enclosure and Basketball Hoop
1 used from $1,100.00
- Assembled dimensions: 15’ x 15’ x 9’; Product weight: 186.1 pounds
- Safety is our #1 priority: Patented enclosure eliminates gaps between the enclosure net and the jumping surface protecting children from pinch points and openings.
- Slam dunk basketball hoop: Made of soft, safe play materials with a hook and loop breakaway rim to minimize damage to enclosure net and poles; Includes 1 foam basketball
- Jump for joy: Great for your next “family fun time” while getting your blood pumping and your muscles moving.
- Safe design: 96 6.5" long steel rust resistant springs located around the outside of the enclosure net for safety.
Skywalker Trampolines Stars & Stripes Jump N' Dunk 8' Trampoline with Safety Enclosure Basketball Hoop
- Safety is our #1 priority: patented enclosure eliminates gaps between the enclosure net and the jumping surface protecting children from pinch points and openings; All our products are tested for safety and durability to meet or exceed all ASTM standards
- Safe design: 56 5.5" long steel springs are located around the outside of the enclosure net for safety. Enclosure system features upright foam padded poles for added stability, woven net has a dual zipper & clip closure system for additional safety
- Slam dunk basketball hoop: Made of soft, safe play materials with a hook and loop breakaway rim to minimize damage to enclosure net and poles; includes 1 foam basketball
- Jump for joy: Great for your next “family fun time” while getting your blood pumping and your muscles moving. Great addition to your backyard along with our other playground equipment including our swing sets, jungle gyms, and monkey bars
- Warranty: We stand behind our quality guarantee with our 3-year limited warranty on the frame and 1-year limited warranty on all other materials
No matter which trampoline you buy I’m sure you’ll have fun and your child will get plenty of exercise without them even realizing it.
These top quality Trampolines are a great investment and will last for years. It’s worth investing just once in a good quality Trampoline than the £30-£50 rubbish ones available at your local supermarket. After reading our recommendations and reading some of the feedback from customers you should have all the information you need to make the right choice for you.
If you found this review helpful please share our review to help other find a bargain.
If you enjoyed this post you might also like to read PLAYING WITH ECZEMA one of our latest posts about children with eczema and other conditions missing out on their childhood. Every child deserves the right to play and have fun. We have some helpful tips on how to do this, even if your child is suffering from an illness.