Many people get worried when you mention Hemp oil for eczema. My wife did when I spoke to her about using it for myself and our son. She instantly said ” Isn’t that Marijuana? ”
Hemp is often mistaken for its cannabis cousin marijuana, they are similar plants but different. Just try smoking a bucket full of hemp seeds and see if you get high. You wouldn’t get high because hemp contains low levels of THC. During the process of making hemp oil any of the side effects related to cannabis are removed.
Hemp seeds are packed with many vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients. By using hemp oil you will benefit from its exceptional amounts of protein, polyunsaturated fatty acids, fiber, omega 3 and 6. But the best thing about hemp oil is, it is a great natural anti-inflammatory.
Many articles and medical studies have been carried out recently and this has thrown both Hemp Oil for eczema and CDB oil into the wider public eye. Many papers like The Daily Mail & The Telegraph have all posted article recently about Hemp oil being used for eczema. Some claim it CURES ECZEMA this I would take with a certain amount of skepticism. There’s currently is NO CURE FOR ECZEMA but it can be managed in various ways and maybe using Hemp oil is one of them.
In this article, we will focus on Hemp seed oil and creams but we’ll also give you some background information on CBD as well so you can make an informed choice.
What is hemp?
Hemp seed oil is hemp extract taken from the seeds of Industrial hemp plants. The seeds of the hemp plant can be cold pressed peeled and unpeeled (preferably cold), to create a delicious oil.
There are no cannabinoids such as THC or CBD present in the oil since hemp seeds are not psychoactive. Hemp oil for eczema and other uses is totally legal in most countries and can be found in many food markets, together with more common types of oil, like olive oil. Hemp plants are also used to make paper, clothing, construction materials, automobile parts and foods and can even be used as a biofuel.
Hemp seeds oil is known for its great taste which has a nutty taste and light green in color and for being packed full of vitamins and unsaturated fatty oils like Omega 3 and Omega 6. Hemp oil is 100% Natural and should in no way be confused as illegal, Dirty or drug-related.
What is CBD
CBD – (cannabinoids) is a chemical compound extracted from hemp plants. Both hemp oil and CBD Oil contain cannabidiol (CBD), the non-psychoactive substance. THC, however, is the substance that gives users the high. In the process of both Hemp oil and CBD Oil, there are virtually no THC within the oil with is the part of the plant that gives you the high. All the badness is left out and all the goodness and natural qualities of Hemp are left behind. Hemp oil and CBD are manufactured for different medical reasons which we will go into more detail further in this article.
THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) Cannabis oil
This is the part of the plant that gives you the high and is illegal. Don’t get this confused with Hemp oil and CBD Oil. If you wanted to put the three into a rating of natural and legal status it would be in this order.
- Hemp oil: Safe natural and healthy. Is even used in foods made from the seeds only.
- CBD: Legal in most countries including the US & UK used for medical purposes
- THC Oils and Products: Illegal! Many people and scientist say it has healing properties but at the moment, not enough research is available to warrant making it legal.
Are Hemp oil and CBD oils legal?
Hemp oil is 100% Natural and legal and used in medications and foods amongst 100’s of other things.
CBD- Are legal in most states but please check before purchasing, as CBD products are frowned upon in some states. In the US & UK, both are freely available and legal to purchase. They are even sold on AMAZON
Cannabis oil and THC- Banned substances and illegal in most countries.
What’s the difference between Hemp Oil & CBD Oil?
Hemp oils and CBD are made from hemp plants which are from the same plant family as Marijuana but they are not the same plant. DON’T GET THIS MIXED UP! They look the same but they’re not. CBD is a compound found in hemp flowers, In manufacturing, they pull as much of it from the plant matter as they can and then purify it further. Hemp oil is made from pressing hemp seeds only and, as you’ve noticed, is used in a variety of products and foods.
Why is Hemp oil good for eczema?
Hemp oil is full of essential fatty acids which helps keep your skin healthy and maintains a high level of moisture which as we all know is the main way to manage your eczema.
It also has amazing anti-inflammatory properties which are beneficial for eczema and help prevent flare-ups. Hemp seed cream is perfect for eczema and easy to apply.
Where can I buy these products?
We purchased ours from AMAZON
100% HEMP OIL: CLICK HERE
HEMP CAPSULES: CLICK HERE
HEMP CREAM FOR ECZEMA: CLICK HERE
How to use hemp oil for eczema
There are various ways to use Hemp oil but the main ways are:
- Externally. Apply it directly to the affected area usually in a cream or lotion. It quickly and easily into your skin
- Internally. Most people take them in capsule form. It can also be used in food preparation. Never fry or heat the raw seeds up. If they get too hot it can become toxic.
Does Hemp oil have side effects?
Hemp oil is 100%natural, it shouldn’t cause you any side effects.
Because it comes from the Cannabis Sativa plant, people may worry that it will have the same effect as smoking cannabis. You should not worry about this. During the processes of making the oil any of the side effects related to cannabis are removed.
You can even eat Hemp oil directly, it won’t harm you it’s very safe and natural.
Research and reference points
1)In 2005, Dr. J. Callaway, published a study done in Finland in the Journal of Dermatological Treatment documenting the treatment of Eczema using hemp seed oil.
Dr. Callaway found that symptoms of skin dryness and itching significantly improved in patients suffering from Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema) after using hemp seed oil for 20 weeks. He stated, “We saw a remarkable reduction in dryness, itching and an overall improvement in symptoms.”
2) A 2017 research review concluded that cannabinoids are effective for treating a wide variety of skin conditions, including eczema.
3) “We saw a remarkable reduction in dryness, itching and an overall improvement in symptoms.” – Dr. J. Callaway 2015 study
4) Hempfarm. Hemp website devoted to the research and marketing of Hemp products
- Is hemp safe: YES
- Is hemp legal: YES
- Can Hemp be used on children? YES But always seek medical advice before doing so
- Is CBD: Cannabis: It comes from the cannabis plant but do not contain THC ( The bad bits )
- Will I get high from taking hemp or CBD: NO, They do not contain THC
- Can I buy them online? YES, Amazon sells both products. Links here HEMP OIL – CBD PRODUCTS
- Will help stop me itching: It will certainly help but everyone reacts differently to products. But fingers crossed.
- Will I get addicted to them: NO, They contain no THC or addictive properties.
- Will they cure my eczema?: No, there is no cure for eczema but they will help reduce the symptoms
- Have you taken them: Yes, I’m currently taking HEMP capsules
- Do they work?: There’s a lot of medical evidence to suggest they do.
- How long will it take to see some effect?: This is hard to say as everyone if different and it depends on how bad your condition is.
This website and blogs provides general information and discussion about eczema, skincare and related subjects. The words and other content provided on this website or blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. If the reader or any other person has a medical concern, he or she should consult with an appropriately-licensed physician or other health care worker, GP or Doctor. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this blog or in any linked materials.