What are the best socks for eczema and why would you need them?
I have suffered from eczema for over 47 Years and cared for our son who has severe eczema all over his body and especially on his feet.
As you can imagine we have tried every type of treatment and eczema cream available over the counter and treatments prescribed by our dermatology department.
We have found one treatment and method that really helps manage eczema on our feet.
What is eczema on your feet?
There’s a couple of types of eczema that can affect your feet. The first is the most common form of eczema ( Atopic Dermatitis) this can affect you everywhere on your body and also on your feet. This is the type of eczema we have.
Then there’s dyshidrotic eczema this common form of eczema causes intensely itchy blisters on the edges of the fingers, toes, palms, and feet. For some unknown reasons, it’s more common in women than men.
Seasonal allergies play a big part in dyshidrotic eczema, the blisters normally erupt more often during the summer season when allergies are at their highest. The blisters can last up to three to four weeks before they start to dry and can sometimes be large and painful. When the blisters dry, they turn into skin cracks or cause the skin to feel thick and often become very sore and painful to walk on.
See the photo below, although I don’t have dyshidrotic eczema as I don’t get the blisters the symptoms on my feet are very similar.
Dyshidrotic eczema is often referred to as:
- Foot-and-hand eczema
- Vesicular eczema
- Palmoplantar eczema
Like all types of eczema, there’s no guaranteed cure. However, you can manage the symptoms until they almost totally go away.
Or at least to the point where your feet don’t have a big impact on your daily life. That’s the best we can hope for as eczema sufferers.
How we treat eczema on our feet?
We found a simple but effective method to manage eczema on our feet in our family, we use this method at night before we go to bed. Then our feet feel soft and less painful throughout the day.
- Bath your feet for 10 minutes in lukewarm water with Dead Sea Salts
- Pat dry with a soft lint-free towel
- Apply our favorite eczema foot cream, We use Manuka honey
- Then wear your eczema socks to sleep in.
How do eczema socks work?
These socks primarily and simply lock in the moisture and help the cream and treatment you have applied soak directly into your feet, ensuring you get 100% benefit from the cream you’re using.
If you use normal socks the cream or lotion you use will be soaked up into the sock rather than your skin. Then your feet will just smell and this can often lead to infection. That’s why these socks which are specifically designed for applying eczema creams are the best!
- ♥ Locks in moisture with non-breathable gel lining and provide an intensive hydration treatment to soften your dry, hard, cracked, and rough skin on your hands and feet
- ♥ These dermatologist-tested gel socks contain Rose Oil, Vitamin E, Jojoba, Olive and Grape Seed Oil. Gel lining meant to speed up and enhance the moisturizing process and help your dry or chapped skin heal much more quickly than it would with lotion or hand cream alone
- ♥ Botanical Oils help restore beautiful soft skin with a daily moisturizing routine, comfortable to wear.
Codream Cotton Moisturizing Gloves and Socks Set Day Night Instantly Soften Repair Eczema Dry Rough and Cracked Hands Feet Gel Lining Infused with Essential Oils and Vitamins Pink
- Nice Gifts Ideas♥ INSTANTLY DRY FEET HANDS TREATMENT: Moisturizing Gloves and Socks provide an intensive hydration treatment to soften your dry, hard, cracked, and rough skin on your hands, knuckles, palms and heels feet. Also provide an improvement of the appearance by helping reduce fine lines of aging
- ♥ COMFORTABLE DESIGN: Fingerless and toe free design, you can still using your smart phone, computer while moisturizing your hands and feet. Prevent and treat cracked skin by wearing these on-the-go for ultimate protection. They won’t get too hot and even you don’t notice them and feel peaceful while wearing them overnight or doing housework
- ♥ CONTAINS NATURAL BOTANICAL OIL: The dermatologist tested gel contains Rose Oil, Vitamin E, Jojoba, Olive and Grape Seed Oil. Gloves have a Botanical oil smell. Gel lining meant to speed up and enhance the moisturizing process and help your dry or chapped skin heal much more quickly than it would with lotion or hand cream alone
- ♥ ENVIRONMENT FRINEDLY: Our 90% cotton and 10% spandex blends allows the slight stretch needed to fit most women's hands and feet. Built-in vented breathable front side design allows a comfortable feeling in day use. Washable and reusable.
- ♥ CREACKED HEEL ULTIMATE TREATMENT: The thick gel pad at heel releases medical-grade mineral oil and vitamins to treat skin. The gel heel socks provide support in the ankle area without restricting motion. To relieve Heel Pain, Ankle Pain for the dry, hard, cracked skin on feet. Use with creams and heel treatments for even faster results
Gel Moisturizing Spa Gloves and Socks Soft Cotton with Thermoplastic Gel Repair and Heal Eczema Cracked Dry Skin, Gel Lining Infused with Essential Oils and Vitamins, Large Size for Women and Men
- ♥Great Gift! 100% Soft Cotton Exterior and Thermoplastic Infused Gel, Moisturizing Socks and Gloves Keep Your Hands Breathable and Warm day and night.
- ♥Botanical Oils Help Restore Beautiful Soft Skin With a Daily Moisturizing Routine.
- ♥Blue Moisturizer Gloves And Socks Can Make A Spa at Home to Enjoy The Delightful Fragrance of Jojoba Oil, Olive Oil and Vitamin E
- ♥Deep Care with Your Favorite Moisturizing Lotion. Gel lining meant to speed up and enhance the moisturizing process and help your dry or chapped skin heal much more quickly than it would with lotion or hand cream alone.
- ♥ Stretchable Perfectly Fits Women and Men Large size provide more space to your hands and feet and to breathe fresh air overnight. Best Gift for Your Family and Friends
Tubifast Socks for Children (Small Child)
- It comes in 2 pair (4 pieces) Size information The small gloves are from the age of 2-14 years. Act as a physical barrier, helping to protect the hands against the damaging effect scratching has on the skin Fibre content: VISCOSE, NYLON and ELASTANE.
- Designed to cover and protect, Tubifast Socks can be worn in three ways:
- 1) Use one pair alone as a dermatological covering. The socks will protect bedding and clothing from dermatological preparations.
- 2) Dry wrapping: apply one pair of socks directly over a liberal layer of emollient (such as Epaderm which is designed for use in dry wrapping).
- 3) Wet wrapping: use two pairs of gloves in the wet wrapping technique. Apply a liberal layer of emollient to the hands (such as Epaderm which is designed for use in wet wrapping), followed by a warm damp pair of gloves and then a dry pair on top.
Moisturizing Gel Socks - Foot Moisturizing Socks for Dry Feet and Cracked Heel Spa Treatment, Relief Therapy Cracked Feet Repair with Moisturizer and Moisture Lotion Socks by INDIGO61
- High Quality Gel Linning - Rich in Vitamin E and Essential Oil (Jojoba oil, Grape Seed Oil, Olive Oil, etc) Are Infused to the Gel which speed up and enhance the moisturizing process and help your dry or chapped skin heal much more quickly.
- Best Moisturizing Gel Socks - Strong treatment to moisture and soften hard, dry, rough, cracked, feet, toes, heels and cuticles.
- Renewal Whole Foot - The moisturizing soft socks also can moisturize the entire foot skin to a natural and healthy look, nourish the smooth, and increase flexibility, then maintain the beauty of your feet.
- Comfortable, Reusable And Money Saved - The comfortable fuzzy fabric exterior material stretches to fit most women's feet sizes. Our moisturizing socks are washable and reusable over and over again. Wear them 30-60 minutes every night and you will no longer need frequently go to expensive spa salons.
- 100% Money Back Guaranteed – We want you to be completely satisfied! If you have any problems with our moisturizing socks whatsoever, just let us know and well make it right.
Conclusion: Best eczema socks
Just wearing these socks throughout the day will not benefit you at all. Use them as part of your evening routine and you will see the benefits within days.
They are a simple an effective way to manage eczema on your feet.
Let us know if you have used them or if you have any other methods of treating eczema on your feet.
Visit our detailed article about eczema on feet where we go into great detail on this eczema topic.
Take care and remember caring is sharing. So please share this with anyone suffering and needs support.
This website and blogs provides general information and discussion about eczema,skincare and related subjects. The words and other content provided in this website or blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. If the reader or any other person has a medical concern, he or she should consult with an appropriately-licensed physician or other health care worker, GP or Doctor.
Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this blog or in any linked materials.
All our affiliate links are highlighted in GREEN they will not cost you a penny more to use and we earn a small commission from AMAZON which helps us fund this website to provide useful information and support to eczema sufferers all around the world. So if you use our link , you’re helping others. So THANK YOU!